Buying a car is a big purchase!
Here are the top 10 tips to steer you in the right direction:
1. Do your research ahead of time. Check out vehicle features and compare prices online. Being knowledgeable will help you negotiate and get the best deal.
2. Compare prices with local dealerships. You are never bound to one dealership for simply scouting out the market.
3. Consider obtaining financing from your bank, rather than the dealership. Banks and credit unions usually offer better rates than dealerships when financing.
4. Always negotiate: The price of the car, terms of your loan, value of your trade-in. Bargaining can save a ton of money.
5. Selling your vehicle is better than trading it in. Receive more value for going the traditional route, and selling your car.
6. If you do decide to trade-in, plan ahead and know your vehicle’s most value. Consider having the car appraised by a professional.
7. Test drive the car. Schedule an appointment in advance so the vehicle is ready to go, when you are. Make sure the car is a good fit for you before committing to the big purchase.
8. Shop mid-week and early in the morning. Not weekends. If you shop during a less busy time, you’re potentially the only serious buyer. The salesman wants to make a sale and might give more wiggle room with negotiations.
9. Negotiate the add-on fees. You can save money by negotiating add-on fees, like documentation, delivery costs and advertising fees.
10. Finalize details. Make sure to do a final review and walk- around of the vehicle to make sure the car is in-tact and clean. Ask any questions about features of the car before you drive off of the lot.
Congratulations on the new purchase!
Remember to talk to your Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent about insuring your new car.