Commercial Property

Protect Your Business

Protecting your business’s physical structure and the items inside is more than just practical, it’s necessary. Consider the amount of money that you’ve invested in keeping your company up and running. Now, consider how a business interruption due to property loss could affect your profit margin. What if your company’s building gets damaged during a fire and must close for repairs? What if your company falls victim to a robbery and you lose your equipment? Do you have the safeguards in place to protect your company against the costs of replacement, repair and income loss?

What Commercial Property Insurance Covers

Commercial property insurance typically compensates for losses due to fire, theft, internal water damage and vandalism. You receive reimbursement if your company falls victim to damage or destruction:

  • Building
  • Signage
  • Fencing
  • Landscaping
  • Furniture
  • Fixtures
  • Equipment
  • Machinery
  • Tools
  • Inventory
  • Valuable documents

Don’t wait until a fire has destroyed your business’s property to try to record everything of value. Conduct a full inventory of all your physical assets before any accident happens. You need to make sure your commercial property insurance policy protects your company.

It’s also important to note that when compensating your company for lost items, insurance carriers pay based on the replacement cost (RC) or the actual cash value (ACV) of the item. The RC refers to the amount needed to replace lost items or repair your property without accounting for depreciation, while the ACV takes depreciation into account. ACV coverage typically has lower premiums than RC coverage.

Adding business interruption insurance to your property insurance package can help you through any downtime that your business may experience due to property loss. Both types of coverage can be combined with commercial liability insurance to form a comprehensive business owners policy.

For an audit of your current policy to identify any coverage gaps or to explore your coverage options, contact The SIG Insurance Agencies at 866-FIND-SIG or fill out the form on this page.